Tuesday, March 29, 2011

mista.

"beautiful girls, all over the world, i could be chasing, but my time would be wasted. they got nothing on you baby. nothing on you"
sound familiar? if not, then you must have lived in a hole last year.
like almost every popular song, i have a memory linked to it.
.
American Fork High School Prom, 2010.
.
There was a boy I was quite found of, & he asked me to prom.
I'm very sure, to this day, he must have taken a lesson or two about making a "Perfect Moment"
Because, he did in fact make a Perfect Moment.
.
Mr. Bruno came through the speakers, & he  asked me to dance.
Amazing, that even when you spend all day with a boy,
your heart still races every time he says anything to you.
I quickly tried to gather my thoughts, & I accepted his invite.
.
He took my right hand in his, & put his other hand slightly above my waist.
Then, I heard his voice. He was singing, to me.
As I looked up to see his face, he leaned down & kissed my forehead.
Then gave me an old fashioned twirl.
I felt dizzy. How could this moment get any more perfect?
It did though, it became more perfect because I was officially on cloud nine.
.
As soon as the song ended, I remember saying to myself,
"Yes, this is the boy I want to marry."
.
.
.
But, obviously I have now changed my mind. So PSYCH about marrying him.
At least I can look back & remember the 3 minutes & 49 seconds that I was in love with him though.

No comments:

Post a Comment